Monday 2 March 2020

Movies: Dark Waters (12A), The Invisible Man (15) & Logan (DVD - 15)


Dark Waters (12A) - what's it about? Based on a true story where a big chemical company has been knowingly poisoning a small town in West Virginia for years.

I wanted to see this one just because it seemed interesting and I have to say it was a well-made movie, I don't think it needed to be that long, but it was still good. It mainly focuses around the case but also included stuff that was going on outside, so it's not just a courtroom drama. When I came out of the cinema after seeing the ending texts, I was really shocked, I just can't believe that a company can get away with doing this - it's just so messed up. Yeah if you want to watch what I consider a 'real life horror' about how screwed up this world is then this is the film for you.

Rating: ***



The Invisible Man (15) - what's it about? A woman escapes her controlling husband, who then begins to torment her.

There seems to be a good few horrors coming up and this looked pretty good from the adverts, so I thought I'd give it a watch. It's nice to see a horror that isn't all ghosts and spooky stuff so that was refreshing. Yeah it was kind of freaky as well where you couldn't see him because of the technology, and it did actually make me jump a couple of times so that's good going for a horror! I'm not really a follower of actors/actresses but I do like Elisabeth Moss - she really can play these tormented characters well. Yep if you want to watch a mild-horror that's a little bit disturbing then this will be right up your street.

Rating: ***



Logan (DVD - 15) - what's it about? The X-Men are no more, Wolverine is looking after Xavier, and he ends up protecting some mutant children.

I hadn't seen this since the cinema, and I found it cheap in the shop so I decided to pick it up and add it to my X-Men movie collection. This isn't an X-Men movie per-say but its good, its of course Logan/Wolverine film about his life and what happens to him and Xavier. That said its a good film but its not the best, its a nice story and brings in younger mutants which I was kind of hoping they were going to do something with after seeing it but sadly they didn't go anywhere. It's worth a watch if you like X-Men stuff, but really don't expect it to be really amazing.

Rating: ***



No comments:

Post a Comment