Thursday 27 February 2020

Movies: The Call of The Wild (PG), Greed (15), Wall-e (DVD - U) & Underworld: Blood Wars (DVD - 15)


The Call of The Wild (PG) - what's it about? A dog called Buck and his adventures through life.

Ok so I went to this movie armed with two packs of tissues, because you know it's a film about a dog and you know how those usually end up. This was a really good story, and from the view of the dog, which had a nice voice over way of telling the story for the plot - so that was good as there's no talking animals in this one! I don't really want to say too much to give it away, but it is very much a story driven film with a few bits that'll make you laugh but also some that are quite sad where you may possibly shed a tear. Yeah if you like a good story about animals then this is worth looking into.

Rating: ***



Greed (15) - what's it about? Super rich high street store owner wants to celebrate his birthday in style.

I wasn't too fussed to see this but a friend wanted to so I thought I would go along. I thought I would just get pissed off by it, and I did, this is basically a film about a complete and utter rich twat. Oh I hate people like that, completely rip off others and screw people over for their own personal gain. Yeah it is an ok film, but it was dull, not much happens except the drama and how bad people are treated. It has a few moments that were a little funny but its not overly much, the actors/actresses done really well playing the characters as by the end you get a real dislike for them!

Rating: **



Wall-e (DVD - U) - what's it about? A little robot that's left to clean up earth after humans have turned it into a dump.

So this film in itself I always find really sad, because this is how I see the earth going, humans are just destroying it and yeah its not good so I can see a bit of reality in it which makes me feel meh. That said it is a cute film, as there isn't too much talking in it, it would definitely appeal to the real young kids as there won't be that language barrier, but it also makes it a nice easy watch for all ages. Yeah, it's just overall a nice little story. Its worth a watch if you like Pixar stuff and haven't seen it before or seen it in a while.

Rating: ***



Underworld: Blood Wars (DVD - 15) - what's it about? Selene's story continues as she tries to stop the Lycans getting to her daughter.

So this is again a continuation of the Underworld storyline, now I have to make it clear that I am a big fan of these movies. I really like the universe they have created so when they release a new one, I get really excited. I saw this when it was out in the cinema and thought I'd give it a re-watch. Yes, its a good continuation to the story, its filled with more of the same action and storyline about the Vampires vs Lycans so some might find it a little samey. If you are an Underworld fan or are total vampire nerd then this is worth a watch, if not then you may not enjoy it as much.

Rating: ****



No comments:

Post a Comment