Monday 17 February 2020

Movies: Emma (2020) (U), Sonic The Hedgehog (PG) & X-Men: Apocalypse (DVD -12)


Emma (2020) (U) - what's it about? A young lady who is toiling with love.

I was a little bored so I thought I'd go and see this one, just for something to watch, and I have to say now that I am not a romcom fan but on occasion they can be good and funny. That said I found this movie pretty dull, I didn't really find it too amusing, the romance was all so predictable and not much really happened...the only plus is it's not mind-numbingly long. It basically was as I thought it would be - something to pass the time, and that was about it. Yeah if you are a Jane Austen fan or you are really into period romance films then this will probably be right up your street, if you are not then probably steer well clear of this one.

Rating: **



Sonic The Hedgehog (PG) - what's it about? Sonic must survive against Dr Robotnik.

I thought I'd give this a go after all the drama and them changing Sonics character design. I have to say he looks so much more like the Sonic we know and love from the games rather than the abomination they created at first which was like the Cats remake - way too human *shudders*. Anyway, yeah this was pretty good, it gave me some good lol moments, its silly but that's what makes it so amusing. I think kids will love this but as an old school Sonic fan I also found it pretty good too. Yeah if you want something that's a good light-hearted film - that you can also distract your little ones with then this is probably worth checking out.

Rating: ****



X-Men: Apocalypse (DVD -12) - what's it about? The X-Men must stop Apocalypse.

So this is a bit of a reboot to the franchise with the younger X-Men, rather than the ones from the first films - the only returning actor is Wolverine. It's set in the alternative timeline which takes place after the changes made in the previous movie - that said you don't need to have seen it or all the X-Men films to get this as this is a fresh version of the storyline. If you haven't seen them you just won't know the differences between the two timelines. I wouldn't say this is the best film, but it does have its moments and the X-Men feel to it. Plus, you know it does have Nightcrawler in it so it's totally up there in my book :D yeah if you are a X-Men movie fan then check this one out.

Rating: ***


No comments:

Post a Comment