Monday 10 February 2020

Movies: Birds of Prey (15), Underwater (15), Jay & Silent Bob: Reboot (DVD - 15) & Gravity (DVD - 12)

Birds of Prey: and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn (15) - what's it about? After Harley and the Joker split up, Harley tries to find her way in the world and survive against the countless enemies she's made.

So as you probably know DC movies can be a bit hit and miss, and after everyone loved Harley in Suicide Squad they've been anticipating this film since then. The adverts made this look like it could be ok, so of course I went to see it. It was definitely one of the better DC movies out there, it had its moments - there were some good fight scenes and amusing moments, as well as a bit of story. I did like that they brought in some of the other characters to the movie too, so that was another tick in the box. I have to admit I'm not much of a Harley fan, but this did good in my book.

Rating: ***



Underwater (15) - what's it about? A team are drilling at the bottom of the ocean, their rig is destroyed, and they must survive what lurks at the depths and find a way to the surface.

As a movie this isn't very original, I'm pretty sure I've seen this all before, but I just can't put my finger on from what movies, that said though it was still good. I would probably class it as a bit of a survival horror, it kicks off straight away and keeps the pace up throughout, its definitely the perfect length - it's not too long to be dull, which makes a nice change! This isn't though just about stuff going wrong with the drilling station, it does include some sea monsters so if you want it to be a believable film then its probably not for you.

Rating: ****



Jay & Silent Bob: Reboot (DVD - 15) - what's it about? a reboot of Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, where the terrible twosome must return to Hollywood and stop the reboot movie from being make.

I'd been waiting for this to come out in the cinema but sadly it wasn't shown, it was straight to DVD and that was ok because at least it was released! I'm not sure how the actors/characters haven't really aged that much - they didn't look much older than they did in the old movies! This had its moments but as it was a reboot it was mainly all done before but there were some good bits to it that gave me a giggle here and there. It did make me laugh with them going to comic con where I'm a congoer so I found that was really amusing, if you are not from that world though it may not be that funny. Yeah, it's a good watch that gave me a few giggles, I'd say its one to watch if you are a fan of the View Askew universe or more for the nostalgia value.

Rating: ***



Gravity (DVD - 12) - what's it about? When their ship is destroyed by debris in space a couple of astronauts must survive and find a way to return to earth.

I saw this in the cinema and thought I would pick it up as I remember it was a good film, its not sci-fi so don't get your hopes up on that front. It's a believable space film about stuff going wrong, with the current limitation's astronauts face. I'd say even though I'd already seen this, as its been a while it was again and intense watch, and the suspense was still good. I'm pretty sure I said this before - as this film really only has one/two actors really in it, it's done so well. Yep if you like a good bit of outer space and some good acting and you haven't seen this then totally have a look.

Rating: ****


No comments:

Post a Comment