Monday 16 March 2020

Movies: My Spy (12A), The Hunt (15) & The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 (DVD - 12)


My Spy (12A) - what's it about? A CIA agent is sent to spy on a mother and daughter but ends up starting a friendship with them both.

This was one of those where I thought I may as well go and see it as I had a bit of spare time, I wasn't really expecting much from it, I can't even remember seeing an advert for it. It was an ok film, not like amazing but it was enjoyable enough for pass the time. It had a few funny moments; the story was pretty predicable but quite sweet - it's you typical kids spy film really.

Rating: ***



The Hunt (15) - what's it about? A group of people are abducted and dumped on an estate where they are hunted by rich people for sport.

I've been waiting for this for a while as I was like "oooh a new movie from the people who made The Purge", so I had high hopes for this one. It was a good movie, don't get me wrong it was no way as good as The Purge franchise, but it still had its moments. It was pretty amusing in parts - its one of those where you probably shouldn't be laughing but yeah you can't help it because lol. Yep if you like a bit of a light-hearted amusing horror, I wouldn't class this as horror-horror - except for the occasional bit of gore, then this will be right up your street.

Rating:****



The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 (DVD - 12) - what's it about? The final part of the Hunger Games franchise, where the rebels must try to complete their mission of killing Snow.

I thought I'd give this a re-watch where I saw Part 1 last week, and I'm glad I did as it completed this trilogy in my head. I hadn't seen this since the cinema and kind of had forgotten most of it. So yes, its good to see if you've seen all the others to get a conclusion. It focuses like the last one about the rebels uniting the Districts and taking on the Capitol, rather than the actual games which started it all off. Yep its definitely worth a re-watch if you have some time to pass.

Rating: ***


No comments:

Post a Comment