Monday 10 August 2020

The Return to the Movies: 100% Wolf (PG), Unhinged (15) & Dreambuilders (U)

So the cinema started up again here and I gave it a week to find out what it was like and from what I heard it was done pretty safe, so I decided to go on an adventure again. Man I never realised how much I missed the cinema until I was sitting watching movies again on the big screen – after 5 months, that’s crazy, I’ve never since I was a teenager gone that long without going to the cinema!


100% Wolf (PG) – First on the cards was 100% Wolf, it looked quite cool from the synopsis, and I like things like this, kind of easy watching and light-hearted. It's basically about a family of werewolves, and at the age of 13 Freddy is finally going to get to transform into a werewolf for the first time...but nope he turns into a Poodle, and he sets out to prove that he's as good as the members of his pack. It was a good start to the weekend, and it was pretty entertaining and fun to watch. It was a good kids cartoon but wasn’t overly kiddy, and it did make me giggle in a couple of parts so it must have something in it for adults, or well adults with a childish sense of humour anyway. Yep if you have little ones, then this is probably worth having a watch with them, if you’re an adult and like cartoons it’s worth a look too.

Rating: ***



Unhinged (15) – The second film of the day was Unhinged, I originally looked at the synopsis for this last week and as soon as I read the first line “award-winning blah blah blah” I completely switched off to it and stopped reading. I thought yeah no way will that be my type of film, award films are usually mind numbing dull. But on re-reading it today it was about Russell Crowe, that he’s an award winning actor, and I really wanted to watch a second film, so I did. This one is about a woman who has an altercation with a guy whilst driving - it starts off as your typical road rage incident really. But he's lost the plot and is completely - as the title says - unhinged. He sets out to ruin her life all because she hooted her horn at him. All I can say is holy fuck this was an awesome film, it’s a really good thriller, like edge of your seat stuff – it made me gasp in quite a few parts, yep there are some moments which are proper omg moments too. Yep if you like a good thriller then I would head straight to your cinema, this is totally worth it in my book...it might also stop some people from being a twat for a while too.

Rating: ****




Dreambuilders (U) – this was another one I thought I might as well go and see, I thought it might be overly kiddie but it wasn’t too bad. It’s about a girl whose dad’s new girlfriend and daughter move in, and guess what her new step-sister is a right little brat, after discovering the Dreambuilders – the creatures and little robots that make peoples dreams. She enlists their help to try to make her step-sister a nicer person. So this one does have a story to it and it’s not overly lovely dovey either, I would say though there isn’t much humour or anything in it for adults but there are still some fun and funny moments, it is more aimed at kids. It’s a good watch – maybe three stars is being a little bit generous, but it is still a good little movie the kiddies will love.

Rating: ***



No comments:

Post a Comment