Thursday 13 August 2020

Movies: Animal Crackers (Netflix – U) & A Quiet Place (DVD – 15)


Animal Crackers (Netflix – U) – I really wasn’t sure what this one was about, I just added it to my list and wanted to watch something easy going, so gave it a bash. It’s about a family who end up inheriting a circus, the uncle tries to find out what the secret is to the magic behind the animals and stops at nothing to try to claim the circus for his own. It’s one of those I think the younger children will love – I could see my nephew who is 10 thinking this is great. It does have a few bits that made me giggle, and the story was alright too. If you want something to relax your brain then this maybe worth a watch but I think three stars maybe being a bit generous but it had enough to keep me entertained and was what I wanted – a nice easy film, just don’t expect anything amazing.

Rating: ***



A Quiet Place (DVD – 15) – I decided to give this a re-watch, mainly because where the new one is due out later on in the year and I really couldn’t remember it properly, as I hadn’t seen it since the cinema. If you don’t know the story, it’s a post-apocalyptic story, where some creatures are hunting and killing humans, it follows a families struggle for survival. It doesn’t really give you much back story to where the creatures come from, or what happened that lead to all the events. It’s kind of more just the present situation, and how they have adapted to live and what they must do to survive. I would class this as a horror but it’s not like really scary – kind of mild horror in my book. It is one of those that you can get really engrossed into, well I did anyway. If you are into your horror type stuff and haven’t seen this then it’s worth checking out, or if you haven’t seen it in a while it maybe worth re-watching before the sequel comes out!

Rating: ****


No comments:

Post a Comment