Wednesday 29 January 2020

Movies: The Grudge (2020) (15), Bombshell (15), The Personal History of David Copperfield (PG)


The Grudge (2020) (15) – what’s it about? The curse was brought back from Japan and has been tormenting home owners ever since.

So I thought I’d go and see this in hope it would be a bit of a scary film, I think it was scarier that there were only me and one other person in the screen lol. It was a good continuation to the story but it was as expected really, there was nothing surprising or not run of the mill for this type of storyline. It was your typical light horror, it wasn’t overly scary or gory, and sadly there was nothing really outstanding about it, don’t get me wrong though it was a good watch and the storyline was ok, it was something a little spooky to pass the time, so it’s worth seeing if you like a bit of light horror.

Rating: ***



Bombshell (15) – what’s it about? Gretchen stands up for the years of harassment women had suffered under Roger Ailes at Fox News.

I’m not really a fan of stories based on real life events, mainly because real life is pretty dull, but I had some spare time and thought I would go and see this one, just you know to fill the day. The funny thing is I don’t watch the news, it’s all forced stories by big corporations trying to get their political or their agenda across to the masses and brainwash society. Anyway that got a little deep, so onto the film review. It was a good film but sadly again I think because it was based on real events it was pretty normal, don’t get me wrong I completely feel for these women and I praise them for stopping harassment that had gone on for years, go team! Yeah in my book it was a good film, just not amazing, but if you like real life stories then this may be right up your street.

Rating: ***



The Personal History of David Copperfield (PG) – what’s it about? The story of David Copperfield from childhood to adulthood and all that happened along the way.

This was another one that I thought I’d see to pass the time, as there isn’t much on that I would really love to see at the moment, this time of year is award season so there seems to be an influx of a certain type of movie, sadly. This was better than I thought it would be, but I’ve never read the book so don’t judge me. The humour in it was really quirky and it did give me a good giggle in parts, that said though about ¾ of the way through I thought this is beginning to drag and the humour seemed to dry up a little, but then again it’s a book adaptation so they had to get all the story in. I think this would be amazing to see on stage but I feel in parts it seemed like a play recorded for a film, don’t know if that makes sense, yeah it was good but I think it didn’t quite fit as a film.

Rating: ***



No comments:

Post a Comment