Monday 22 June 2020

Movies: The Last Airbender (DVD - PG) Extinction (Netflix)


The Last Airbender (DVD - PG) – what’s it about? Aang wakes up after 100 years of being trapped in the ice and has to take on the role of Avatar, and battle against the Fire Nation with the help of his friends.

I recently re-watched the Avatar: The Last Airbender series and thought to myself I’ll give this film another go to pass the time as I hadn’t seen it since it was first released, and I forgot how bad it was. If you haven’t seen the TV series then I don’t think you would quite get everything that is going on. I get they had to cut loads compared to the series, as that was way longer but yeah it doesn’t work with what had to be cut - it was way too rushed so it doesn’t have any connection and emotion behind it. If you haven’t seen this and have recently discovered/re-discovered the series, then I’d do yourself a favour and skip this.

Rating: **



Extinction (Netflix) – what’s it about? A father is plagued by nightmares of an attack on earth, and he must protect his family at all costs.

I thought I’d give this a go, I wasn’t sure how good it would be, with it being a Netflix movie, but I was pleasantly surprised. I can’t really say too much without spoiling this one though, but it is a good sci-fi survival - I suppose I could call it that? I was very engrossed with this one, if you like a good sci-fi movie and don’t care that it isn’t super high-budget (though this is way better than some of the straight to DVD films I’ve seen), then this is definitely worth looking into. I think I actually want to give this 3 1/2 stars.

Rating: ***


No comments:

Post a Comment