Tuesday 18 June 2019

Movies: MIB International (12A), Bohemian Rhapsody (12A) & Finding Nemo (DVD – U)


MIB International (12A) – what’s it about? A continuation on from the MIB series but with a new couple of agents.

I wasn’t sure what this one would be like, if it would be any good or not with the change in the cast or if it would be a complete let down. I was pleasantly surprised though, as it was better than I thought it would be. They managed to continue it on in the same vibe as the previous movies. It’s a good reboot rather than a remake which was nice and there were a few nods back to the originals. It even made me laugh, so I’d say it’s worth seeing for nostalgia or if you like sci-fi.

Rating: ****



Bohemian Rhapsody (12A) – what’s it about? The story of Freddie Mercury and how Queen sky rocketed the charts.

I hadn’t seen this before but have heard people rave about it for months, my friend wanted to watch it in the outdoor cinema, so I thought that’s something different I’ll give it a go. As for the film, I thought it was pretty good. It kept me engaged throughout which usually real-life stories don’t, I usually get bored and find them really dull, but this kept up the pace throughout and had some good displays of the band’s musical talent. If you are a Queen fan then this will be right up your street but it’s also generally worth a look too, even if you are not sure you’d like it.

Rating: ***



Finding Nemo (DVD – U) – what’s it about? Nemo gets taken from the ocean and put in a tank, he and his new fish friends try to escape and get home whilst his dad goes on a quest to find him.

Well I’ve kind of got a thing for Disney movies over these last few months, maybe I’m getting soft in my old age. I thought I’d give this one a re-watch as I saw it on TV last year and I forgot how much I liked it, then I saw the DVD cheap in the shop so bonus! It’s a good little animal story…well fish story, which has its highs and lows and gave me a smile and a giggle but also touches the heart strings too (but don’t worry it shouldn’t send you blabbing). Yeah this is a really special story about family and friendship and is well worth a look if you haven’t already done so.

Rating: ****


No comments:

Post a Comment