Monday 25 November 2019

Movies: 21 Bridges (15) & Pacific Rim (DVD – 12)


21 Bridges (15) – what’s it about? After two criminals take out some cops on a heist, the police lock down Manhattan as they try to capture them.

I kind of wasn’t sure what this would be like from the adverts, it looked ok but yeah it could have gone either way, so I didn’t really have much expectations for it. I was actually quite presently surprised by it, it wasn’t just all cops shooting it out, there was a plot to it and well it kept the pace up throughout, that said though the story was quite predicable. Yep it’s a good cops vs robbers film if you like that type of thing.

Rating: ***



Pacific Rim (DVD – 12) – what’s it about? Mechs vs Monsters! This is basically the humans trying to survive and destroy the Kaiju who come through a rift at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean.

I thought I’d give this a re-watch as I haven’t seen it in a bit, I think this is my third watching it now lol. It’s still a good action flick, it’s got some story which is ok but it mainly focuses on the action side of things. Yep it just shines through from the old monster and/or mech movies/animes. Yeah if you like to watch monsters battling it out and some big ass fight scenes then this will definitely be right up your street and worth a look.

Rating: ****



No comments:

Post a Comment