Monday 18 November 2019

Movies: Jurassic Park (DVD - PG) & Allegiant (DVD - 12A)


Jurassic Park (DVD - PG) – what’s it about? A guy sets up a theme park with real dinosaurs and needs to get the approval of two experts before the park can be opened.

I haven’t seen this for ages and I mean since I had it on VHS as a kid – it was one of my top films that I watched over and over. So as I found it cheap in the shop I thought what the hell I’d give it a re-watch. Yeah some of the effects of the dinosaurs are a bit dated now but it’s still a good film, it’s got a good story but I did ask myself “why are you sitting eating ice cream whilst they are all in danger, go help them you bastards!” Anyway yeah it’s got some amusing bits in it, some action and suspense to boot. Yeah it’s one of those classics that’s worth a re-watch even for the amusement factor.

Rating: ****



Allegiant (DVD - 12A) – what’s it about? The third film in the Divergent series where Tris and the gang meet with the orchestrators of Chicago and must save their city.

After watching the first two recently I thought I’d re-watch this one to finish seeing the series all close together. It was still a good film, it continued on in the same teen sci-fi movie type vein so if you liked the others then this one is definitely worth a watch. Yeah it had enough action in it, but I did feel like the storyline was a little bit meh but it was still enjoyable. It is definitely one where you have to have seen all the series for it to make sense. I am also not sure on the comparison the books have to these movies as I haven’t read them.

Rating: ***



No comments:

Post a Comment