Monday 16 December 2019

Movies: Jumanji: The Next Level (12A) & Hotel Transylvania 2 (DVD – PG)


Jumanji: The Next Level (12A) – what’s it about? The sequel to the Jumanji remake, where the gang must enter back into the game and save the day.

I thought I have to see this as the last one was really amusing and I felt like I could do with a good proper laugh, and it didn’t disappoint. It was exactly as I expected, more of the same silly humour and a bit of a refresh of the storyline. I’d say in a way it’s just a rehash of the first one so it maybe has lost a little bit of that edge, but it was still an enjoyable to watch and gave me a laugh. If you want to watch something silly where you can leave your brain at the door and just enjoy then this is worth checking out.

Rating: ****



Hotel Transylvania 2 (DVD – PG) – what’s it about? Dracula and the gang try to awake up the monster in Mavis and Jonathan’s son.

After watching the first one last week I was straight on this to see what the second one would be like, as I really did love the first one. Now in my opinion I don’t think this one was as good as the first one, don’t get me wrong it was still a great watch, pretty fun and just an enjoyable family-friendly spooky film. I don’t know, I am not a fan of films where they introduce babies, but I suppose in something where there is a couple it’s pretty inevitable but yeah I just switch off when it’s all baby gaga. That said this did make me smile and I did enjoy the light-hearted storyline, it’s worth a watch and another one for all the family.

Rating: ***


No comments:

Post a Comment