Monday 19 November 2018

Movies: Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindelwald (12A) & Widows (15)

Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindelwald (12A) – what’s it about? Grindlewald wants to get all the pure bloods on his side to rule over other magical folk and the muggles.

I have to admit I’m not the biggest fan of the Harry Potter universe, don’t get me wrong its good but I never find it amazing, though I did prefer Fantastic Beasts over Harry Potter. I really did like the first Fantastic Beasts film but this one just seemed well not so fantastic, don’t get me wrong though it was a good watch. I just found it a lot more political and serious than the first one which isn’t necessarily a bad thing but the story just didn’t draw me in. It may be a bit deep for the younger audiences but those in their later teens+ will probably enjoy it more as they’ll actually get the plot rather than just watching it for it being “Harry Potter world”. Yeah its worth looking into if you’ve enjoyed the other films, just maybe don’t expect to be wowed by it.

Rating: ***



Widows (15) – what’s it about? A group newly widowed women team up to continue on their husbands lives of crime by pulling off a robbery.

I wouldn’t necessarily say this is a chick flick – well ok it probably is, the cast is mainly women with only a few male snippets. It’s a very story driven movie with it showing more about their lives and how they are forced into the life of crime after they are left with nothing. It’s not got too much action, it’s your typically kind of robbery film really so a lot about the preparation work and with the robbery just being a small piece of it. It was a good film in general but it was really really slow, it didn’t need to be as long as it was, they could have easily cut it down by 30 mins and left the audience feeling a little more positive about it as everyone seemed a little bored. I think it’s more like a 2 ½ star movie because how much it dragged but I’m feeling in a generous mood today.

Rating: ***


No comments:

Post a Comment