Sunday 4 October 2020

Movies: The Roads Not Taken (15), The Broken Hearts Gallery (12A) & Bill & Ted Face The Music (PG)

The Roads Not Taken (15) – It’s about a young lady who is taking care of her mentally ill father, it’s kind of about a day in her life. It is done well for the subject matter, it really does capture the essence of mental illness and how it can be for both the person suffering with it and also for the family. This is no way a happy film, and if you aren’t feeling at your best or if you aren’t up for watching a depressing movie then I would give this one a miss. But if you want to watch a real life drama unfold about a very real subject that effects lots of people then this might be for you. I’m only giving it this rating because it’s not my type of film as I go to the cinema to escape from reality, for others they may give it a higher view.

Rating: **



The Broken Hearts Gallery (12A) – Now I’m not really rom-com person they mainly end up really gushy and make me feel like I’m going to barf. This even though classed as a rom-com was pretty funny, it was the typical story of a girl feeling meh and she ends up meeting a guy blah blah blah, it’s also about her friendships though and well it’s pretty quirky and fun. It did make me giggle a few times, which for these type of films is pretty rare, even though the plot was all so predictable it was a pretty good film.

Rating: ***


Bill & Ted Face The Music (PG) – I really wasn’t sure what this was going to be like, I loved the previous movies but when I watched the adverts I thought it looked pretty cringe. Thankfully it wasn’t as bad as I thought, it was done so you had references to the previous movies and it stayed pretty true to the feel and plot of them. It was very much a continuation to the story but there really wasn’t much to it, don’t get me wrong it was ok but yeah it sadly wasn’t fantastic. In honesty here I was pretty tired and one might say a little hungover so I may be being a little harsh on the rating here…or I might be giving truth. Yeah if you liked the previous movies then this is probably worth a watch, if you want to see more of the same.

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment