Monday 19 October 2020

Movies: Birdbox (Netflix 15), The Addams Family (1991) (DVD PG), Fe@rleSS (Netflix PG) & Mulan (1998) (DVD U)

Birdbox (Netflix 15) – I’d heard a lot about this film, well not really the plot but that it was a must see, but I didn’t have Netflix at the time so couldn’t watch it. So I recently gave it a go, I really wasn’t expecting the story to be what it was and it was pretty damn cool. I can’t really say much as I don’t want to spoil it, but if you like survival and stuff about zombies then this will probably be right up your street. If you don’t like stuff that’s a little out there then this probably won’t be a film for you. I really did enjoy it and it was well made to boot.

Rating: ****



The Addams Family (1991) (DVD PG) – I decided to give this one a re-watch as I hadn’t seen it in a bit, I love the Addams family, they are so fun and I loved this one growing up too. If you’ve seen anything about the Addams family and you like it, I’d really give this one a re-watch, it’s just quirky in bits and a little spooky so ideal for this time of year. I’m sure if you have young ones, well not too young, they will like this one too as the characters are just amusing. I think I’ll watch Addams Family Values soon.

Rating: ***


Fe@rleSS (Netflix PG) – I wasn’t sure what this one would be like, but I thought I would give it a go. It was an ok film and the story was ok, but I’m not really a fan of anything that focuses around little kids or babies so that’s why I’m giving it a lower star rating. If you are happy to watch this type of thing or if you have kids then you will probably enjoy watching this with them. Yep the animations are good, the story is ok but oh so predictable, yeah it passed the time really but nothing spectacular.

Rating: **



Mulan (1998) (DVD U)
– I decided to give this one a re-watch as I haven’t seen it in a while, and it really is a classic Disney film. It’s just magical with her companions and the story is just great, it’s filled with some songs but unlike other films it’s not all about the singing, they fit in the right places really and add to the story rather than like ugh not another song. Yep if you would like a smile and a giggle, as this one does have its funny points, then this is probably worth re-watching.

Rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment