Thursday 29 August 2019

Movies: Angel Has Fallen (15), Crawl (15), Jonah Hex (DVD – 15) & Die Hard 4.0 (DVD – 15)

Angel Has Fallen (15) – what’s it about? There’s another assassination attempt on the President and Banning gets set up.

Ok so assuming you’ve seen the previous movies in this series you’ll know exactly what to expect, something bad happens to the President and then Mike has to try to save the day in some way, shape or form. In the beginning of this one there’s not much new in the sense of it’s the same story re-hash, then it gives a bit more, where its Mike in the firing line and he must solve who’s set him up which is a bit different. Yeah this is as expected a good action flick, which is filled with violence, explosions, guns and all that jazz that make these films just a good watch. Yep if you like a good lot of action and a bit of story thrown in to give it something then this one is worth looking at.

Rating: ****



Crawl (15) – what’s it about? There’s a hurricane and it becomes a matter of survival for a father and daughter in gator country.

I wasn’t sure what to think of this, I’d seen the posters and I can’t even remember seeing an advert for it, but I just knew it was a survival horror about alligators and I thought meh this could either be ok or really naff. But yeah, I was actually really surprised by how good this film was, it had the right level of suspense which was kept up throughout – it was really nail biting. It was a bit gross in parts, a little too icky for my liking in parts which made me hide my eyes as I don’t really like seeing close up gore. Yeah, it’s a good survival horror, so if you are into these then definitely check it out. And remember rule 2…don’t get eaten.

Rating: ****



Jonah Hex (DVD – 15) – what’s it about? Bounty hunter Hex gets paid to kill some old enemies who murdered his family.

I’d seen this years ago but couldn’t quite remember it and they had it cheap in the shop, so I thought I’d pick it up and give it a re-watch. So if you don’t know this is a movie adaptation of the DC comic, its quite nice to see something set in an old western style rather than modern times or somewhere else, so it gives a bit of a different vibe from most comic book adaptations. It’s got a bit of a story which is pretty unbelievable, but the characters are alright, and it has a bit of action. It’s not the best film though and I did find myself getting a little distracted from it, so I feel it lacked slightly as if there’s a good story or action I’m usually pretty entertained. I’d say its probably about a 2 ½ star film.

Rating: **



Die Hard 4.0 (DVD – 15) – what’s it about? McClane must protect a hacker from a criminal organisation that is set on destroying the world as we know it.

I thought I’d give this a re-watch to complete my Die Hard movie recent re-watch. If you’ve seen all the other Die Hard movies then you know the drill, this is an action flick where John has to save the day from some kind of attack, so by now you’ll either know if you love or hate them. I think out of all the Die Hard films this is probably my favourite one, which may be because it’s a little more modern than the others – making it less dated and the storyline is more up-to-date with modern situations. As with most of these films there is enough story to give the movie something but its mainly centred around the action – so there are lots of guns, violence, car chases and what not. Yep if you are an action movie fan and want to watch something where you can leave your brain at the door and marvel in its crazy over the top storyline then this will be right up your street. It’s probably really a 3 ½ star film.

Rating: ***


No comments:

Post a Comment