Tuesday 12 March 2019

Movies: Cold Pursuit (15), Captain Marvel (12A), Instant Family (12A), Fighting With My Family (12A) & Aliens in the Attic (DVD – PG)

Cold Pursuit (15) – what’s it about? Nels goes on a revenge killing spree after his son is murdered by a drug lord and his gang.

Well if you like Liam Neeson and all his movies then you will like this one, it’s just again a film in the similar style. It’s filled with revenge, revenge, revenge with lots of killing, oh and a dash of revenge thrown in for good measure. It’s another action style film so you know the drill – it has violence and all that jazz with a bit of a story thrown in for good measure. It does also have a wicked comedy element, it has some bits you probably shouldn’t really be laughing at but you just can’t help yourself, so yep if you have a darker sense of humour then this will also give you a giggle. I don’t think it’s the best Neeson film but it’s still an enjoyable watch and worth seeing, yeah I liked it 😊

Rating: ***


Captain Marvel (12A) – what’s it about? The origin story of Captain Marvel.

I have to admit I’ve not really followed Captain Marvel and didn’t really know too much about her, mainly because I always thought growing up she was just the fem version of Captain America. Now I’ve seen this I kind of freaking regret not looking into her a little more, she’s a great character and has a different story that hasn’t just been his re-hashed. Yep so slap me with a large trout! Anyway onto the film, it is bloody good, it has some really amusing and nostalgia moments – for the 90s which are pretty cheesy. I can’t really say anything on the story as I don’t want to spoil it, but I’ll just say if you love all the Marvel movies then this is 100% worth checking out…and before End Game!

Rating: ****



Instant Family (12A) – what’s it about? A couple decide to adopt a child but end up fostering three kids.

So I hadn’t planned on seeing this as I thought it looked a little meh but someone said to me it was quite good and I was at a loose end so I thought I’d go check it out. I totally thought this wouldn’t be up my street as it looked like one of those comedies I don’t really like, and well I was actually surprised by it. For starters, yes it has a good handful of comedy moments, but it also has moments that really hit me in the feels. I’m not sure if I was just extra emotional that day but I had three or four moments where I had to reach for a tissue, you know it made me shed a few tears – not like balling crying though…but I think it’s because you know it’s based on a true story. God damn that’s why I don’t watch true story shit it’s too emotional. Anyway yeah it was an enjoyable watch, it’s kind of one of those you watched curled up on the sofa with a blanket.

Rating: ***



Fighting With My Family (12A) – what’s it about? The story of the wrestler Paige and her family.

Again this was one I wasn’t planning to see but it was recommended to me and I was told I’d like it, so I just went because what the hell something to do. It was pretty damn good, I was really surprised by it, it had some funny moments and a good story which kept me entertained. The family were quite an interesting bunch and I have to admit it rekindled my love for wrestling which I used to watch all the time. Again this is based on a true story, so some of it is quite heart-warming and it has some sad moments – it also had some moments where I held my breath. The actors were really good in it too and they made the family life really believable, it definitely gave a good emotional journey and one that gave me that feel good feeling at the end. If you used to watch wrestling or want to watch a good bunch of Brits and have a giggle along the way, then this is worth watching!

Rating: ***



Aliens in the Attic (DVD – PG) – what’s it about? A family take a summer holiday and their lodge gets invaded by a small group of aliens, the kids must save the day and stop the world from being invaded.

I thought I’d give this a go for a laugh as I hadn’t seen it before, it’s aimed at a younger audience – I’d say younger teens downwards really. It’s an ok film with a bit of a story and some humour with a little action thrown in. It has a bit of sibling rivalry and hashing stuff together to try to win the day, so it has a few bits that may make you giggle. It’s basically what would happen if aliens invaded and kids had to save the day. Its ok to pass the time and probably to keep your wee ones entertained but I don’t think it’s one of those that all ages will love.

Rating: **


No comments:

Post a Comment