Monday 18 June 2018

Movies: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (12A) & Hereditary (15)

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (12A) – what’s it about? A follow on from Jurassic World where some people yet again want to exploit the dinosaurs whilst the animal rights activists wish to save them.

I had to laugh as I went to see this and the people in the cinema had taken their kids which I’d say were 8 years or less – I’m talking like 5 year olds here, yes, it’s a 12A but bear in mind people in Jurassic Park/World movies do GET EATEN by freaking dinosaurs! Think people! And use a brain cell but anyway that’s on them and their kids having nightmares for like weeks lol. Yep it’s not a movie you’d take the real young ones too as its pretty dark and scary in parts, but if your quite dark like me you’ll be giggling at the misfortunes as people become dino-snacks. Well as a movie it’s pretty much what you expect, lots of CGI or rubber dinos running riot and people being nobs. It’s got quite a lot of action with a bit of story thrown in. If you like the Jurassic Park universe then it’s worth a watch, maybe just don’t expect to be completely blown away.

Rating: ***




Hereditary (15) – what’s it about? After the death of her mother, Annie and her family must deal with some spooky secrets relating to their family.


I went to see this because it’s the talk of the town, so I thought hey I’ll go scare the pants off myself and not sleep for a week. Well…well what a disappointment, now I can like a good horror movie (or not depending on how freaky it is lol), I’ve seen a few over my time and maybe that’s the case because I have, I have others to compare this too. There were a couple of scenes that were mildly jumpy and a couple which were a bit ewww but that’s about it. I was expecting to be completely freaked out and not be able to sleep or be completely disturbed by it, but I just came out like yeah that was ok, passed the time I suppose. It may be freakier if you don’t really do horror regularly but if you’re a big horror buff then you may come out a little meh. I’m only going to give it two stars as it did have its moments which were ok and kept me intrigued but overall it just fell flat.

Rating: **


No comments:

Post a Comment