Monday 19 June 2017

Movie: Wonder Woman (12A) & The Mummy (2017) (15)

Wonder Woman (12A) – what’s it about? Diana an Amazon travels with a human to the frontline to destroy the God of War.

So I didn’t know what to expect with this one as DC movies have been hit and miss – it could be good like Suicide Squad or awful like Batman vs Superman. Anyway they did this good and in my opinion it’s the best DC movie since Batman (the Christian Bale versions) so I came out super happy. So as you probably know if you’ve read my blog in the past I’m not a fan of movies set in the past especially those set in the World Wars as it’s usually really upsetting but this was done very well indeed – and in all it was a very empowering movie. If you are a DC fan or a Wonder Woman fan or both then this is worth checking out – just don’t expect it to be all laughs and light-heartedness like the Marvel movies because it’s much more like DC – gritty and dark.

Rating: ****




The Mummy (2017) (15) – what’s it about? An Ancient Egyptian mummified princess wakens in the present day and sets out to restore her power.

So throughout this film I thought it was a 12A and thought hey that’s a pretty scary, I didn’t realise until I came out that it was a 15 – in short it’s probably not a movie for the younger audience! I know a lot of people have been slating this but I think it depends on what you expect and the movies you like. If you’re into action movies and maybe a bit of light horror with a dash of humour then this will probably be right up your street. It did what it said on the tin really, mummy ahhhh and action bang bang – you know the usual guns, explosions and running. If you go to see it and expect it to be nothing too original, just watch it for what it is and don’t analyse it then you’ll probably like it. It may not be the best film out but it’s definitely not the worst!

Rating: ***


No comments:

Post a Comment