Thursday 12 January 2017

TV Series: Spaced (DVD – 12), Dexter (DVD – 18) & The IT Crowd

Spaced (DVD – 12) – Two friends pretend to be a couple to get a flat.
This is a British sitcom from the late 90’s and when I came across this randomly in the shop

I had to get it! It’s one of those classic series’ and if you grew up in that era you’ve probably seen it. It’s a geek comedy I suppose you could call it about some flat mates and their adventures/misadventures in London. It’s got some great moments and humour that’ll make you lol. If you’re a geek and you have a quirky sense of humour that enjoys Simon Pegg’s work then this will be right up your street.

Rating: ****




Dexter (DVD – 18) – Dexter is a blood splatter analyst for Miami police but he’s also a serial killer.

I’ve just finished re-watching this whole series again, and I know I reviewed the final season a while ago when it was shown on TV but I feel now that I’ve seen the series back to back I’d like to share my thoughts on it as a whole. Ok so this series is an interesting concept about a serial killer who follows a code and only kills bad people. It’s a pretty dark series but it has an interesting plot, it’s one of those you can’t help but keep on watching and watching and watching. It has lots of twists and turns and nail biting moments and if you like a little bit of horror-drama that isn’t overly icky then this one might be just what you’re looking for.

Rating: *****




The IT Crowd – the IT Crowd is based on an IT department that works for a large business.

I re-watched this as I hadn’t seen it since it was on TV, it’s a great sit-com show, with some good humour. I don’t usually like sitcom style stuff with all the crowd laughter as that just usually pisses me off, though this it works and it’s too good to pass up. If you work in IT you’ll relate to this or if you’re a bit geeky it’s really fun. If you haven’t seen it, then it’s definitely worth a watch or a re-watch!


Rating: ****



No comments:

Post a Comment