Monday 9 January 2017

Movies: Passengers (12A), Collateral Beauty (12A), A Monster Calls (12A), Assassin’s Creed (12A), Silence (15) & Iron Man (DVD - 12)

Passengers (12A) – what’s it about? A man wakes up prematurely on a space craft and has to figure out how to survive the ships epic journey.

Considering this movie is basically a film with just two people in it, its bloody damn good! I think this happens to be one of my top enjoyed films of 2016. It’s interesting, the characters and struggles are a true masterpiece, what can I say I don’t think there was anything about this film I didn’t like. A good space drama!

Rating: *****



Collateral Beauty (12A) – what’s it about? After the death of his daughter Howard is not in a good place, his co-workers set in motion a plan which will either remove him from the company or get him out of his funk.

When you start to think about this movie it’s a little screwy, and it makes you wonder the intensions of humanity and how they are out to screw the good guy just because he’s now a broken man. It’s an interesting story but if not a little predicable really, I’d guessed the fully story quite a way off but it’s pretty still enjoyable.

Rating: ***



A Monster Calls (12A) – what’s it about? Conor befriends a tree-monster whilst trying to cope with his mum’s terminal illness.

Well talk about traumatising, I wouldn’t say this is too much of a kid’s film as its pretty dark and deals with some very sad and emotional situations. That said it’s a good movie, just don’t be prepared for a happy film, and make sure you have your tissues at the ready unless you hard as nails you’re going to shed a tear or two in this one.

Rating: ***



Assassin’s Creed (12A) – what’s it about? Cal goes into the animus and discovers he’s the descendant of a master assassin, and he’s faced with choices in the real world that will affect humanity.

I like the Assassin’s Creed universe, I love the games even though I’m probably the crappest assassin in the world but they are fun and I like the way this movie expands on the concept. I’d been dying to see this one so had my ticket booked for the UK release date, and I wasn’t disappointed, if I get chance I totally want to see it again!

Rating: ****



Silence (15) – what’s it about? Two priests are sent to Japan to find out what happened to a Father who was previously sent there.

Ok so what can I say about this one…the people that left the cinema after 15 minutes had the right idea! I stuck it out but omg (no pun intended) this was very long and extremely hard going; I came out the cinema completely mentally drained. I’m sure there are some people that will love this one but personally it’s not my cup of tea, and I wouldn’t recommend it.


Rating: *



Iron Man (DVD - 12) – what’s it about? The origin story of how Tony Stark becomes Iron Man.

I thought I’d give this one a re-watch as I don’t think I’ve seen it for years, even though with this one being a little older now the graphics and stuff still hold up pretty well. It’s a good movie that gives a few laughs and a positive vibe, from a time when the Marvel series started to become more popular. It’s worth a watch/re-watch if you’re into your comic book heroes.

Rating: ***


No comments:

Post a Comment