Wednesday 7 September 2016

Games: A random selection of co-op games…Warframe, Zombie Army Trilogy, Resident Evil: Revelations, Dead Island, Skara: The Blade Remains, Hounds: The Last Hope, Assassins Creed: Unity, Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide & The Elder Scrolls Online

So since Nosgoth passed away and we all sobbed at its graveside for as long as we possibly could (or still do in some of our cases) paying our respect to our fallen baby, I’ve tried to find comfort in other games. Sadly for me nothing on the market has quite matched up to the greatness of Nosgoth and its left me at a complete loss. I’ve since been dabbling in some co-op games with fellow ex-Nosgothians – that’s of course in-between screaming to the heavens “why damn you why”.

The below reviews aren’t full reviews or anything of the sort, they are just first impressions and in progress thoughts – don’t take them as gospel but I thought they deserved a mention at this point. Yeah so here’s what co-op games I’ve been playing and my first impressions on each piece…

Warframe – futuristic bow and pole fighting elder race – this is fun, this is really really fun, I have kind of fallen for this one even though at first I was like it looks too shiny, my eyes, I’m blind. But it’s probably one of my top games at the moment; yeah it’s pretty enjoyable with its little missions and stuff, and it’s free to play which is always a bonus.




Zombie Army Trilogy – Nazi zombies that want to kill you – at first I was like holy frack and was climbing on the couch as the zombies were coming to get me, now I’ve got used to it, it’s a lot easier to focus. It’s fun and gory, the only thing is if you’re limited on time you just end up playing the same bit over and over.




Resident Evil: Revelations – mutant things that want to eat your face – well I haven’t really played on this one much, it seemed ok from what I played but nothing too special and it’s a bit clunky. I’ll have to play a bit more at some point to get a better view on it.




Dead Island – zombies trying to kill you whilst you’re at a nice island resort – this one made me feel like I was going to vom that wasn’t due to the game but rather the first person perspective. The game was pretty fun from what I had chance to play though.




Skara: The Blade Remains – MOBA mayhem – thought I’d give this type of game a play and see what it’s like, its ok, haven’t really played much because there aren’t many people about which is a shame…and half the time I have no idea what’s going on. I’ve killed some bosses and that was alright but I’m waiting for more to be added before I step back into it.



Hounds: The Last Hope – more freaking mutant things that want to eat your face – this was a random find and playing co-op is great, even though we’ve spent ages as of late trying to defeat a freaking giant worm. Yeah lots of things jumping out at you, shooting and stuff, it’s a little clunky to play and it’s a bit old school but it’s really enjoyable co-op.




Assassins Creed: Unity – Assassssssssssssiiiiinnnnnnnsssssssss yeah – I never do very well at these as I don’t really do stealth all too well, I’m more of a tank. This appears to be another fun game in the series though, haven’t played too much but from what I’ve seen I like it – even if I spend half my time screaming “would you fucking let go of that wall, get down you prat”.




Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide – Lots of Skaven trying to take over! – same as above I haven’t played much of this mainly because the first person and I just got it but from what I played it was really fun and amusing. I picked the Mage so throwing balls of fire was entertaining and the rat-ling guns lolz who doesn’t want to face a giant rat with a gun strapped to its back!




The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited – a MMO game where three factions battle against each other – so I tried to play this a few times and every time update – server maintenance – update, there seem to be more updates than game with this! Finally though I started it and damn it’s brilliant, the character design was great, and the combat stuff and missions are all good too, it’s definitely up there as one of my top games atm!



Anyway, yeah like I’ve said these are just my initial thoughts on some gameage and filling the Nosgoth void, as you can tell I’ve dabbled in a few games trying to find something to make me happy. If anyone has anything to recommend please shout!

No comments:

Post a Comment