Monday 23 May 2016

Movies: The Angry Birds Movie (U), X-Men: Apocalypse (12A), Argo (DVD – 15) & Transformers (12)

The Angry Birds Movie (U) – what’s it about? Red and his bird friends have to deal with their anger issues and handle the pig situation.

I 100% thought this was going to be absolutely terrible, a friend wanted to see it and I have to admit as I don’t have an iPhone or anything (well except an old iPod) I’ve never actually played Angry Birds. This is very much a kids movie but there are a couple of things that the adults will find funny and the kids not so much. I remember we were laughing a few times but everyone else was silent because people hadn’t picked up on the hidden humour. I came away thinking this movie was so bad its actually pretty good, it’s not something you need to see at the cinema and I think you’ll ever get it or you’ll be like wtf have I just watched.

Rating: J J J




X-Men: Apocalypse (12A) – what’s it about? Set in the 1980s after the events of X-Men Days of Future Past, an ancient mutant re-emerges and plans to destroy the world.

So I was a little dubious about this because you know it being a re-visioning of the world of X-Men and I was a little meh thinking it’s going to be loads of teenagers and it’s just not going to meet up to the standards of all the previous X-Men movies (which if you hadn’t guessed I love, it’s my favourite Marvel creation) and Apocalypse also looked a little lame, just like he’d be ripped out of Avengers. Anyway enough bitching about what I thought this was going to be like and onto what it was actually like! So Apocalypse, the character…freaking way better than I thought it be, yes I actually loved what they done with the character and he worked really well for the movie, I know some people will probably still be like meh but I thought he came out pretty damn good. Now onto the X-Men and their teen selves, yeah I was actually surprised by them all, the characters fitted well and they all seem pretty good actors, I wasn’t screaming at the screen “you’re not the X-Men” like I thought I was going to be. So basically it ended up being way better than I thought it was going to be, don’t get me wrong I thought it would be good but just not this good, in all it had good actors, a great plot and generally lots of fun, so yeah yet another really well made Marvel movie!


Rating: J J J J



Argo (DVD – 15) – what’s it about? The CIA sets out to rescue six Americans who are in hiding during the 1980s hostage situation in Iran.

I wasn’t quite sure what this would be like, I’d heard people talking about it so finally caved and thought I’d give it a go but I have to admit I didn’t really know anything about it. When it started I was like oh what am I watching this is going to be one of those movies but I was actually pleasantly surprised and found myself engrossed in the story more than I thought I would be. It was very interesting and pretty gripping, so if you like things to do with the CIA and movies based on real life then I would definitely check it out!

Rating: J J J J



Transformers (12) – what’s it about? The Autobots team up with the humans to stop the evil Decepticons!

I hadn’t seen this for a bit so thought I’d give it a re-watch, it’s still a great movie, and I personally don’t think the graphics have aged – compared to some other movies. It’s still amusing to watch this one, lots of humour and action, a good mix to make this a good family film. Those of my generation will probably love this, stepping back into the Transformers universe, it was such a good thing to watch growing up, and this is a re-hash of that. It’s good, well I liked it, can’t beat a good oldie…ok some re-makes suck but this one is okies in my books…or DVDs.

Rating: J J J J


No comments:

Post a Comment