Wednesday 23 December 2015

Movies: In the Heart of the Sea (12A), Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12A), Men in Black 3 (DVD – PG) & Starship Rising (DVD – 15)

In the Heart of the Sea (12A) – what’s it about? The story of Moby Dick…

This was a mystery showing at the cinema so I didn’t know what to expect, I probably would have seen it anyway though. I was a bit omg about the whole whaling thing, it upset me quite a bit and I was definitely rooting for the whales rather than the hoomans in this one. That said though it was an interesting take on the story, the characters were pretty good, parts were pretty eeeeewwww but overall it was a good watch.

Rating: J J J O



Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12A) – what’s it about? The First Order have picked up where the Empire left off and are on a quest for galactic domination.

A lot of people bitched about I, II & III as they weren’t Star Warsie enough and were just generally pile of wank, so I was a bit worried about this one but I have to say I was impressed. It had the same style of IV, V, VI the feeling and the way it was shot was spot on to give it that classic Star Wars feel…and people are now complaining its just the same as them…make your minds up people! Heh. Yes there were a few bits that I thought yep that’s like the same but generally it was a very Star Warsie movie…if you like Star Wars there’s probably no doubt you’ll love this. Ok and I think I managed to do all that without spoilers!

Rating: J J J J O



Men in Black 3 (DVD – PG) – what’s it about? Boris the Animal goes back in time to try to change the future…

Another MIB movie and another barrel of amusing alien humour and general antics, usually after a few films a series starts to get a little weaker, though with MIB (like some others) they manage to keep up the concept and the quality of the film. Yes it has its meh moments and things that have been done a little before but that’s what happens in sequels, though they have managed to keep this pretty fresh, it still has some great moments that’ll make you lol. It’s definitely another fun filled movie!

Rating: J J J O



Starship Rising (DVD – 15) – what’s it about? When a warship capable of destroying a planet is ordered to destroy earth its crew rebel…

There is good sci-fi, there is bad sci-fi then there is good bad sci-fi, sadly this one falls into second category – bad sci-fi. Its concept was interesting and it could have been amazing but sadly the movie just lacked in general so that was lost, it had potential. The space scenes and graphics were ok, it was sadly the BMX, paintball and snorkelling costumes that made it a bit laughable, I could forgive that if the acting and script immersed me in the story and I lost myself in the worlds but sadly that didn’t happen…so much hope, lost, and please don’t get me started on the ending!

Rating: J O


No comments:

Post a Comment