Wednesday 3 June 2015

Movies: San Andreas (12A), Poltergeist (15), Man Up (15) & Paul (DVD – 15)

San Andreas (12A) – what’s it about? Massive earthquakes rock California; can a father save his family from the destruction…

This is a big budget disaster movie, of course most of it has been done before with its destruction and panic and life saving and so on…but we haven’t had a good disaster movie in a while so it was refreshing to see. That said as I travel to California in under a month I’m now petrified about earthquakes thank you movie a thumbs up to you! It’s definitely worth a watch if you like the whole disaster movie genre.

Rating: J J J J O



Poltergeist (15) – what’s it about? A remake…a family move into a new house and end up being haunted by a mass of ghosts.

A friend said to me don’t see this as it’s shit but I went anyway and by far its not the worst movie I’ve seen. It was interesting and entertaining but being a remake it has been done before, of course though it had some modernisation changes to fit with the times. I’d say it wasn’t really scary, I didn’t freak out or end up petrified but it was still a good spooky watch.

Rating: J J J



Man Up (15) – what’s it about? A young woman accidently ends up meeting a blind date that isn’t hers and she goes along with the lie.

Ok a British rom-com…possibly my most hated genre (well that and those teen dance movies) but its Simon Pegg and I like his stuff so hey I thought I’d give it a bash. I was pleasantly surprised by this one, I was laughing so hard but it seemed other people didn’t find it as funny; yep I was that annoying person in the cinema. It is worth a look, especially if you like Simon Pegg movies or rom-coms.

Rating: J J J O



Paul (DVD – 15) – what’s it about? Two geek friends travel to America and visit sites relating to UFOs and get more than they expect when they meet and extraterrestrial on the run.

Yep another Simon Pegg movie it seemed to be a weekend for his movies for me. It’s a great comedy with lots of geekness, stupidity and larking about. If you like Pegg’s other movies and/or if you’re a geek then you’ll no doubt be highly amused by it so definitely watch it/re-watch it.

Rating: J J J J


No comments:

Post a Comment