Thursday 31 October 2013

Movies: Enders Game (12A), Thor: The Dark World (12A) and Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2 (U)

Enders Game – What’s it about? Well it’s the future – the earth was attacked by an alien insectoid race – humanity survived thanks for the bravery of one man – since the aliens retreated the earth has begun to train children to fight to protect earth in the future – Ender is one of these children and his journey through command school has begun…

I have been looking forward to this one for a while now – and was it as good as I expected? The answer is pretty much. It was a really great film for a teenage movie – as in that fact it’s about kids – but it was also good in the sci-fi sense – been waiting for some more sci-fi for a while now and this one definitely filled the gaping hole. It is probably one of the better films I’ve seen recently. It’s worth checking out – as it has a great story, effects and is an all round gooden...just keep in mind it is a teen movie.



Thor: The Dark World – What’s it about? The movie takes place after Avengers Assemble and the attack on earth…Thor returned home and helped to restore order to the nine realms at the will of his father. What a surprise some big baddie springs into action again and wants to destroy everything…and who is there to try to stop him? Thor and his gang of course…

What can I say about this…I think Thor is great – I love all these superhero movies…and this one doesn’t disappoint! I think it’s better than the first…oh oh oh and the elves in it are EPIC so much cooler than the LoR’s ones…kind of reminded me of Hellboy 2. This is a great story, full of actions, humour and of course superhero stuff. You know what to expect if you’ve seen any of the Marvel stuff – go watch it…it’s worth it!



Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2 – What’s it about? It takes place after the first movie, and it is the clean-up operation of the island. Flint gets a new job and has to go back to the island and help find his machine…meanwhile though the living-food has evolved and created its own eco-system.


Really I can’t believe I watched this. It was at the bottom of my list of things to see, it just looked awful! There were parts that made me smirk and have a little giggle – it has its fair share of adult humour in it. Overall it was an average kids movie...it's no way as bad as Smurfs 2 and actually wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen – probably the little ones would love it…but me not so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment